Drop Me a Line
I very much welcome E-mails. Unfortunately, I am very slow responding
to them. If you are expecting a response from me and haven't received one in a
reasonable amount of time (or if you needed a quick response), then send me a
follow-up E-mail asking me why I'm taking so long to answer your
message—I won't take offense! :)
E-mails I enjoy receiving:
- Friendly "Hello!"s.
- Idle chat about topics of common interest (e.g., books, computers,
- Questions about, problems found in, and/or—if you're really having
a slow day!—praise for the software I've written.
- Constructive criticism of my web pages; information additions and
corrections; link recommendations and updates; etc.
E-mails I more or less ignore:
- I am flooded with E-mails asking me to add links to websites about two
topics in particular: substance abuse and education. Although the E-mails
often seem personal, I've seen too many virtual duplicates (e.g., "I'd be
tickled pink ...") from different people with different target websites.
So, if you wish to recommend such a website, make sure its topic is
really germane to something on my website.
- Spam; messages that have
Subject: lines filled with strange
characters are immediately deleted.
- Job offerings. I'm not interested in a new job at this time, but I
appreciate your interest.
Finally, GEONius.com is my personal domain name;
it is not a company.