Software from old projects, old operating systems, ... If you're interested in any of it, let me know.
bfl_util- big file package.
bhp_util- block heap allocation utilities.
ckp_util- checkpointing package.
cobl_util- collectable object lists.
dympl_util- dynamically loads object modules (Solaris, HP/UX, VMS, VxWorks).
eio_util- extensible I/O package for user-level, application-specific device drivers.
mpl_util- memory pool management.
qio_util- application-level, queued I/O facility (UNIX, VMS, and VxWorks).
xbm_util- X bitmap (XBM) utilities.
eio_packet- Extensible I/O driver for packet file I/O.
kai_util- KDOS asynchronous file I/O.
mist_util- high-level interface to MEDS message streams.
VMS - a class operating system. This software was written for a VMS-based satellite control center during 1992-1993; we used the VAX C compiler and DEC's UCX TCP/IP networking product. Porting the original UNIX software to VMS was relatively painless and most of the applications I wrote for the project ported effortlessly back to UNIX afterwards.
lnm_util- high-level interface to VMS logical name facility.
luq_util- high-level interface for DECmessageQ I/O.
mbx_util- high-level interface to VMS mailboxes.
popen- VMS version of UNIX function.
rock_util- high-level interface to VMS resource locking.
sup_util- distributed "server is up" tracking using VMS locks.
tty_util- high-level interface for VMS terminal I/O.
atexit- VxWorks implementation of ANSI C function.
ef_util- VxWorks implementation of VMS-like event flags.
- A Tcl-based, programmable HTTP server. hope was originally a separate program; since I needed some of gentle's capabilities, however, I ended up just adding some HTTP commands to gentle. (Also see HOPE/LZP, HOPE/ETS, and HOPE/Epoch.)
- A Tcl-based, programmable X11 (Tk) graphical user interface. (Derived from earlier Motif programs, wimp and twerp!) For an overview of gentle and moi, see my slightly out-of-date memo, "C'est Moi!". I subsequently developed a Motif equivalent to moi, called plum, which resulted in a reworking of the display classes so that the same status page definitions could be used by both the Tk and Motif versions of the GUI.
- Not another compiler-compiler?! In FORTRAN, no less!
- Not another file transfer application?! (Superseded by pose.)
- Generates cflow(1)-style structure charts from VMS object modules.
- A Tcl-based, programmable X11 (Motif) graphical user interface. (The Motif equivalent of moi.)
- fifo - Named pipe talk utility.
- quack - DECmessageQ talk utility.
- rpm - RPC stream merger.
- events_reader - TPOCC event message reader.
- maple - TPOCC multiple applications emulator.
- molox - module lines-of-code/PDL counter.
- offset - TPOCC system variable information server.
- sdp - TPOCC system variable display tool.
- syncsrc - TPOCC synchronous data source simulator.
- xstol - X11/Motif-based GUI for TPOCC's command language interpreter.
- aemh - X-SAR alarm/event message handler simulator.
- prosper - TPOCC process spawner.
- kdosd - KDOS file server.
- mbc - MEDS message broadcaster/concentrator.
- tsi - TPCE SNMP interface.
- cereal - EPOCH serial interface emulator.